(Adds JFE result, analyst comment) By Yuko Inoue TOKYO, July 31 (Reuters) - Nippon Steel Corp , the world's No.2 steelmaker, said its quarterly profit sank 3 percent on spiralling costs but it boosted its full-year forecast after striking deals to raise long contract prices from some of its users. Third-ranked JFE Holdings Inc said its April-June pretax recurring profit fell 23 percent, and it forecast 450 billion yen ($4.2 billion) profit for the year to March 2009. JFE had previously ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WRAPUP 1-Nippon Steel, JFE Q1 profit down; Nippon hikes f'cast" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642