(Adds comments from GM, Stelco) By Rachelle Younglai TORONTO, Nov 22 (Reuters) - Stelco Inc. has lost a contract to supply steel to its biggest customer General Motors Corp. , the company said on Monday, after the insolvent Canadian steelmaker failed to strike a deal with its workers. "GM said the contract is no longer available," Michael Barrack, one of Stelco's lawyers, told the Ontario Superior Court. "We worked hard to get there but we couldn't." Stelco is looking to get court ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WRAPUP 1-Stelco loses contract to supply steel to GM" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642