* Executives see no market recovery in near term * Toyota keeps faith in hybrids, EVs to take time * Nissan CEO Ghosn seeks to knock down hybrid hype * Nissan to build at least 100,000 EVs a year in 2011 or 2012 By Chang-Ran Kim and Nobuhiro Kubo YOKOHAMA/TOYOTA CITY, Japan, June 23 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp and Nissan Motor Co promised shareholders they would do better to recover from the worst industry downturn in a generation, each focusing on different types of cleaner cars ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WRAPUP 1-Toyota, Nissan vow to do better; green cars key" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.