* U.S. space agency NASA to help on Toyota probe * U.S. Toyota study to run through late summer * Other scientists to study acceleration issue in industry By John Crawley and Chang-Ran Kim WASHINGTON/TOKYO, March 30 (Reuters) - U.S. auto safety regulators said on Tuesday they will tap the expertise of the country's top space and aeronautics experts to analyze Toyota Motor Corp's electronic throttles to see if they are behind the reports of unintended acceleration that have hounded ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WRAPUP 1-Toyota safety probe taps U.S. rocket scientists" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.