* Obama administration to leave Opel buyer choice to GM * German labor union protests GM delay with wage demand * German officials urge calm (Adds background on Opel talks, details throughout) By David Lawder and Christiaan Hetzner WASHINGTON/FRANKFURT, Aug 24 (Reuters) - The Obama administration pledged on Monday to stay out of General Motors Co's choice of a buyer for its Opel unit in Europe as German union leaders put more pressure on the U.S. automaker to make a decision. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WRAPUP 1-U.S. government to leave Opel choice to GM" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.