* 3M, Textron to cut 2009 capital spending * Timken, Kennametal profit outlook below view * Oshkosh withdraws forecast, cites volatility * Textron shares fall 23 pct, sector down 2.7 pct By Scott Malone and Helen Chernikoff BOSTON/NEW YORK, Jan 29 (Reuters) - Top U.S. manufacturers, which have already shed tens of thousands of jobs in the face of the severe global recession, are also cutting back on capital spending as they struggle to preserve cash and economic conditions worsen. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WRAPUP 1-U.S. manufacturers to slash spending in downturn" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642