* Volkswagen Q2 profit falls but beats forecasts * Renault H1 loss worse-than-expected * Global autos market seen contracting 12 pct in 2009 * Mitsubishi, Mazda post Q1 losses * MAN says new truck orders down 58 pct in unit terms (Adds Volkswagen, sector index) By Helen Massy-Beresford and Chang-Ran Kim PARIS/TOKYO, July 30 (Reuters) - Automakers in Europe and Japan unveiled weak results for the first half of the year on Thursday and are set to keep tight control over costs but ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WRAPUP 2-Car and truck maker results weak, see upturn" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.