(Recasts, adds details on retailers, stocks close) By Tim Ahmann WASHINGTON, Dec 24 (Reuters) - Disappointing data on holiday shopping and an unexpected drop in orders for costly manufactured goods, seen in reports released on Tuesday, showed the U.S. economy sputtering as the year drew to a close. Orders for durable goods -- items intended to last three or more years -- slid 1.4 percent in November, the Commerce Department said, a decline economists pinned to an uncertain business ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WRAPUP 2-Data show U.S. economy struggling" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.