(adds new Berlusconi quotes, La Stampa on Umberto, details) By Gianni Montani TURIN, Italy, Jan 24 (Reuters) - Gianni Agnelli, the stylish Italian industrialist who transformed Fiat into a global powerhouse but whose failing health in recent years mirrored the group's decline, died on Friday aged 81. Once a flamboyant playboy who became Italy's most dominant businessman, Agnelli was deeply attached to Fiat's core car arm founded by his grandfather and analysts said his death could now ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WRAPUP 2-Fiat patriarch Gianni Agnelli dies at 81" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642