* Magna, GM reach preliminary deal on Opel-sources * Fiat CEO says won't take 'extravagant risks' for Opel * Saab gets more time to restructure * Renault, Nissan seek more savings from alliance By Gernot Heller and Christiaan Hetzner BERLIN/FRANKFURT, May 29 (Reuters) - Auto parts maker Magna International took pole position in the battle for General Motors' German unit, Opel, after reaching what sources said was a preliminary deal with GM. A top-level government meeting was ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WRAPUP 2-Magna takes lead in bidding for GM's Opel" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.