(Recasts lead, adds April home-sales data, updates market reaction) By Glenn Somerville WASHINGTON, May 25 (Reuters) - The U.S. economy shot ahead at an upwardly revised 5.3 percent annual rate in the first quarter, the fastest growth in 2-1/2 years, but prices remained in check, a Commerce Department report on Thursday showed. Analysts, noting the report was old news, said it did nothing to resolve whether the Federal Reserve will extend a string of 16 straight interest-rate rises ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WRAPUP 2-Revised US first-quarter growth fastest in 2.5 yrs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.