* Top Toyota execs apologise, pledge safety improvements * Witness describes runaway acceleration incident * Executive agrees about 70 pct of incidents unexplained * Hyundai to recall 47,300 Sonatas in S.Korea, U.S. * Toyota shares down 1.5 pct, Hyundai off 2.6 pct (Adds analyst comments, Hyundai recall, Toyoda briefing plan) By Kiyoshi Takenaka and Nobuhiro Kubo TOKYO/WASHINGTON, Feb 24 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp's president braced for tough questions from a U.S. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WRAPUP 2-Toyota chief faces grilling by U.S. congress" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.