* Obama says will not let auto industry vanish * Chrysler, Fiat in framework agreement on alliance * New CEO says GM will consider bankruptcy, if necessary * Major U.S. indexes lower on bankruptcy fears (Adds Chrysler statement, GM on bankruptcy, Canada, Fiat) By Kevin Krolicki and John Crawley WASHINGTON, March 30 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama ordered General Motors Corp and Chrysler LLC to accelerate their turnaround efforts and brace for possible bankruptcy, saying bailout ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WRAPUP 6-Obama: carmakers can survive but bankruptcy possible" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.