By Michael Shields, European Auto Correspondent FRANKFURT, Oct 28 (Reuters) - Volkswagen sprang an earnings surprise on Thursday by improving cash-flow to limit third-quarter losses, but other European carmakers posted patchy numbers for the period. German-American group DaimlerChrysler's flagship Mercedes division saw operating profit fall more than 60 percent in the July-September quarter, and Italian group Fiat's automotive division failed to meet expectations. Rising pressure on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WRAPUP-VW shines amid European carmakers' patchy Q3" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.