TOKYO, May 21 (Reuters) - Japan's Yamaha Corp. will sell 7.8 percentage points of its 22.7 percent stake in Yamaha Motor Co. in a move that would remove the motorcycle maker from its equity accounting method, it said on Monday. Yamaha Corp., a maker of musical instruments, will sell 3.0 percent to trading house Mitsui & Co. and the remaining 4.8 percent in block trading by the end of the month, it said in a statement. The sale will result in a special profit of 29 billion yen ($239 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Yamaha Corp to sell 7.8 pct stake in Yamaha Motor" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.