MADRAS, June 27 (Reuters) - Japan's Yamaha Motor Co. said on Monday it plans to quintuple its market share in India by 2008, and may even launch scooters in the world's largest motorcycle market after China. Yamaha Motor, the world's second-largest motorcycle company, estimates it has about a 5 percent share of the Indian market. "We are ready with our market strategy for scooters in India and we can launch here anytime," said H. Yanagi, managing director of Yamaha India, told a news ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Yamaha to grow share in India, may launch scooters" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.