TOKYO, July 28 (Reuters) - Yokohama Rubber Co , Japan's third-biggest tyre maker, said it plans to produce tyres for passenger cars in Russia and Brazil from 2010 to meet rising demand in these fast-growing economies. It will be the first Japanese tyre maker to start local production in Russia. Bigger rival Bridgestone Corp already has tyre factories in Brazil. Yokohama Rubber currently ships tyres to these countries from factories in Japan and the Philippines. But it wants to build ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Yokohama Rubber to produce tyres in Russia, Brazil" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.