DETROIT, Aug 23 (Reuters) - Dieter Zetsche, the German turnaround expert who will soon head DaimlerChrysler's Mercedes division, vowed on Tuesday to rescue the division's slumping profits and return it to leadership in the luxury car segment. "It's clear that we want to return to a level of profitability which is adequate for a premium car manufacturer," Zetsche told reporters, when asked about his top priority when he takes the top job at Mercedes next month. "We are on a very good path ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Zetsche vows to resuscitate Mercedes profits" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.