’14 Sprinter begins production in September.
ANN ARBOR, MI – Mercedes-Benz still is pondering how best to develop an electric application for its commercial customers, which could come with its large Sprinter model or a smaller van not currently sold in the U.S. “It’s still bubbling,” Claus Tritt, general manager-commercial vans, tells WardsAuto on the sidelines of a reveal for the refreshed-for-’14 Sprinter. “We do have in Europe a smaller vehicle called the Vito,” he notes, which is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"'14 Mercedes Sprinter Adds Second Diesel, Could Go Electric" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.