Great Wall already has Malaysian footprint with small CKD operation.
China’s Great Wall Motor reportedly is forming a RMB2 billion ($627 million) joint venture to set up a manufacturing base in Malaysia. The Star newspaper reports the unnamed Malaysian automotive player will be the majority partner in the JV. Great Wall is China’s largest maker of SUVs and pickups. Plans for the plant, announced earlier this year, involve the production of energy-efficient vehicles for the ASEAN market. It will have an initial capacity of 80,000 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China‚Äôs Great Wall Forming Production JV in Malaysia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642