Plant workers, executives celebrate 500,000th Niva.
VIENNA – The half-millionth Chevrolet Niva small cross/utility vehicle rolls off the GM-AvtoVAZ production line in Togliatti, Russia, today. Originally developed by Lada manufacturer AvtoVAZ and unveiled as the Lada 2123 Niva at the Moscow auto show in 1998, the model later was modified to become the Chevrolet Niva, Russia’s best-selling Chevy. Volume production of the Chevrolet Niva started in September 2002 at GM-AvtoVAZ, a 50-50 joint venture owned by General Motors and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM-AvtoVAZ Celebrates 500,000th Chevrolet Niva" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642