Brio sales surge may ease Honda Siel rancor.
MUMBAI – India’s Sriram Industrial Enterprises (Siel) has backed down from trying to break off its 17-year-old joint auto-making venture with Honda, but that’s not necessaily a sign the companies have made peace. Amid millions of dollars in losses, dwindling sales, internal dissension and fiscal disputes with Honda, Siel in October sought an exit from Honda Siel Cars India. Since then, however, Siel has seen demand for Honda cars rebound as the auto maker shifts its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"India‚Äôs Siel Rethinks Ending Honda JV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642