Auto maker dominates local market with 32.4% share.
Toyota boosts its production in Thailand to 770,000 units a year with the Aug. 26 opening of the TB11 billion ($344 million) Gateway 2 assembly plant in Chachoengsao province. The 1.9-million sq.-ft. (175,000-sq.-m) facility, Toyota’s fifth in the country, will assemble cars with annual production capacity of 80,000 units. It employs 1,500 workers. It joins the original Gateway plant in Chachoengsao province that also manufactures cars, the commercial-vehicle-building Ban Pho ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Brings Fifth Thailand Assembly Plant on Line" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642