Toyota’s Matrix continues to be sold in Canada.
Toyota confirms its Matrix compact hatchback has been sent out to pasture in the U.S. The model, which debuted in ’03 as the Corolla Matrix, saw declining sales in recent years and is ended with the ’13 model year, Toyota U.S. spokeswoman Toni Honsowetz tells WardsAuto. Toyota had been toying with eliminating the model, with former Toyota Div. head Bob Carter telling WardsAuto last year that the Matrix’s future was shaky given the slowdown in U.S. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Pulls Plug on Matrix for U.S. " is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.