GLK likely candidate for production in Russia, where CUV demand growing rapidly.
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia – Daimler is planning to build Mercedes-Benz cars in Russia through a local partner, according to an official of the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade and company sources. Russian business paper Vedomosti, citing Daimler sources, says the automaker already has begun the search for a local partner with excess capacity in place that could accommodate Mercedes light-vehicle assembly. There is no word on which models would be produced or what volumes would be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daimler May Build Mercedes Cars in Russia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642