Nissan rides revived Datsun brand to No.2 spot among Indian exporters.
MUMBAI – Exports are shoring up India’s foundering auto industry, thanks to global manufacturers shipping cars overseas at a much higher rate than the four biggest domestic automakers. Automakers in India exported 593,507 cars and utility vehicles in the fiscal year that ended March 31, up 6.1% from the prior year, as reported by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers. A 0.6% uptick in car exports was overshadowed by a 298.6% spike in utility shipments. Domestic sales in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Exports Picking Up Indian Auto Industryâ€™s Slack" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642