GM Korea breaks the mold of resistance maintained by Korea’s five automakers and advises its labor union it is now willing to include fixed bonuses that are paid regularly in calculating basic wages. The concession raises the payout for overtime and holiday work, severance packages at retirement and other compensation. The Korean Metal Workers Union, the umbrella union for workers at all five automakers, has instructed negotiators at all of its branches to press for this watershed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Korea Makes Major Wage Concession to Avert Strike" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642