Economic storm clouds are gathering, but Daimler CEO Dieter Zetsche sees a silver lining for the auto maker’s Mercedes-Benz brand. “We see the clouds and increased risk; at the same time we see our order intake,” Zetsche says as Daimler reports strong second-quarter and first-half earnings. “We (were) not able to fulfill the demand in the first half to the full extent because of lack of production.” So the auto maker is increasing output in anticipation of continuing, albeit weaker, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daimler Warns of Economic Instability in Wake of Strong Earnings" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642