Car and truck production in Mexico rose 4.6% in May, the second straight month output outpaced year-ago levels. Manufacturers churned out 170,221 vehicles, up from 162,774 in like-2001. The performance was good enough to push year-to-date volume a slight 0.4% ahead of year-ago’s pace, at 783,127 vs. 779,727. (view related data: North American Vehicle Production Summary-May 2002) Production for the domestic market rose a healthy 22.2% for the month to 48,539, while export-bound output ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mexico Production Up for Second Straight Month" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642