Falcon sales tracking at one-sixth of 1995 level.
Ford Australia, its sales languishing in a record market, is cutting production 29% and laying off 440 workers. President and CEO Bob Graziano says the reductions are difficult but necessary to provide the auto maker with more stability and certainty by more closely aligning production with market demand. “We are committed to the Ford brand and (to) continuing to produce vehicles in Australia,” he says in a statement. Production will be cut from 209 vehicles a day to 148 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Australia Slashing Production 29%, Laying Off 440" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.