Volvo S60 sports sedan receives new Drive-E powertrain.
LAS VEGAS – Volvo launched its new powertrain initiative in 2007 after word leaked parent company Ford was looking to sell the Swedish brand and talks about regulating carbon-dioxide emissions began to heat up, says a top engineer. “At that point, we started to think about how we could solve this CO2 problem, and we realized (Ford) was our main supplier of engines and, we needed to have a kind of stand-alone scenario,” Jan-Erik Larsson, director-powertrain engineering, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo Debuts New Drive-E Powertrains" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642